Valerie is ongelooflijk druk bezig om Black Desert Online te testen en jullie om de zoveel tijd een impressie te geven van wat deze MMORPG heeft te bieden. Onze beste gamegirl krijgt het binnenkort nog veel drukker, want binnenkort staat er een shitload aan nieuwe content op haar te wachten.
Ontwikkelaar Pearl Abyss heeft onthuld wat er de komende maanden toegevoegd gaat worden aan de MMORPG. Het staat natuurlijk nog niet vast dat al deze content ook naar de Westerse versie van Black Desert Online komt, maar Daum Games, welke de Europese versie van de game aan het porten is, liet al zien aardig snel te werk te kunnen gaan door een maand na release al een grote expansion, genaamd Mediah, te lanceren.
Met de nieuwe content update zal er een nieuw speelbaar ras in de vorm van de Dark Elves komen, mogen we nieuwe gebieden én een gigantische oceaan verkennen en nog veel meer. Check de grote lijst aan toevoegingen hieronder:
- Ocean content will be introduced and continuously updated with various water-borne content.
- Like in the desert of Valencia (which still isn’t implemented in the western version), using the map will not be allowed in the ocean, forcing players to use other means of orientation to navigate the seas.
- On the other side of the ocean there will be an unknown continent, even if nothing specific has been shared about it, besides the fact that it will be huge. It will be initially possible only to land and use it as a base for trade.
- Fishing hot spots in the ocean will be identifiable thanks to seagulls flying in the air.
- Undersea exploration and treasure hunting will be implemented in coastal areas.
- New forms of Life content (content not related to battle) is being planned for the sea environment.
- Sea battles will be implemented, using warships that players will craft in guild houses.
- Trading ships will also be added, with the implementation of ocean trading.
- Ninja and Kunoichi (currently not yet implemented in the western version of the game) will get their own awakening weapons. Ninjas will be able to use multiple swords, getting a more samurai-like concept and switching between swords depending on the situation. Kunoichi will receive a giant Chakram, used with animations similar to the hoop discipline in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Wizards and witches will also get their awakened weapons, which will be the golems and spirits. Those will grant Wizards powers of fire and water, and witches powers of earth and electricity. Since they work very differently from the current system, they’ll come further away in the future due to implementation times.
- The land of Kamasilve will be implemented in the summer. It’s the homeland of the elves, located to the south east of the territory of Calpheon (you can get an idea of its size marked in green in the map in the gallery, just after the Witch concept). The area will be based on a concept of harmony with nature.
- Kamasilve is ruled by two queens who share diplomatic and internal policy powers. Their names are Beulollina and Hearawen (who is already in the game, and can be found at the Kamasilve temple in Medeah).
- In Kamasilve also dwells a race called Beniteu, commonly defined dark elves. They will be added as a playable class. They move in a peculiar way and they’re very agile. Their fighting style is very aggressive and use magic as a secondary ability. They have a similar feel to the Ranger, and at the moment is unclear whether the class will be gender locked or not, even if the concept art shown was female only.
- Later this year the land of Drigan will be added south of Calpheon, focusing on the strained relationships between giants, dwarfs and elves.
- Tier 9 horses will be added, and will distinguish themselves due to their skills and not their speed like tier 1-8. There will be three different kinds: The hell horse will come with the power of fire, and will have the ability to deliver powerful explosive attacks. The pegasus will help players easily reach high place and will have the ability to glide while spreading its wings. The unicorn will grant the rider a powerful buff. It will also have a charge ability, impaling enemies on its horn.
- In-game voice chat will be added, and development for it is almost complete.
- The skill awakening system will be overhauled.
- A variety of co-op content is being planned, alongside content that can be enjoyed by a more diverse range of users.
- A bounty hunting/wanted system will be implemented.